How to install the seal gasket of valve
Sealing gasket is a commonly used sealing spare part for machinery, equipment, etc. It is a material that plays a sealing role. From this definition, it is not difficult to know how important the sealing gasket is, so it is worth paying attention to how to install the sealing gasket. Correct installation can ensure sealing performance and smooth operation of the equipment, otherwise it will damage the sealing gasket. Next, let's take a specific look at what to do.
The correct installation of gaskets should be carried out when the flange connection structure or threaded connection structure, static sealing surface, and gasket have been inspected without any doubt, and other valve components are intact and undamaged.
1. Before installing the gasket, apply a layer of graphite powder or a lubricant mixed with engine oil (or water) to the sealing surface, gasket, thread, and rotating parts of the bolt and nut. The gasket and graphite should be kept clean.
2. The gasket should be installed on the sealing surface in a centered and correct manner, without deviation, and should not extend into the valve chamber or rest on the shoulder.
3. Only one gasket is allowed to be installed, and it is not allowed to install two or more gaskets between the sealing surfaces to eliminate insufficient clearance between the two sealing surfaces.
4. The sealing of elliptical gaskets should ensure that the inner and outer rings of the gasket come into contact, and the two ends of the gasket should not come into contact with the bottom of the groove.
5. The installation of the O-ring should not only meet the design requirements for the ring and groove, but also have an appropriate amount of compression. On the premise of ensuring sealing, the smaller the compression deformation rate, the better, which can extend the service life of the O-ring.
6. Before installing the gasket, the valve should be in the open position to avoid affecting installation and damaging the valve components. When covering, it should be aligned with the position and should not be pushed or pulled into contact with the gasket to avoid displacement and scratches on the gasket.
7. The installation of gaskets for bolted or threaded connections should ensure that the gaskets are in a horizontal position (for gasket covers with threaded connections, pipe wrenches should not be used if there is a wrench position).